A heart full of love, London cast 2013/2014
Cosette: Jade Davies (u/s)
Marius: Rob Houchen
Eponine: Carrie Hope Fletcher
You should know that I love Jade’s voice so much and everybody should hear her sing.
(I’ve lost the cast list, the date and the master’s name with my hard disk, so I’m sorry if they aren’t written here!!)
Music and Monarchy - Reinventions
Dr David Starkey’s exploration of how the monarchy shaped Britain’s music concludes with the 19th and 20th centuries, when the crown rediscovered the power of pageantry and ceremony and when native music experienced a renaissance.
David discovers the royal origins of such classics as Edward Elgar’s ‘Land of Hope and Glory’, Hubert Parry’s ‘I Was Glad’ and William Walton’s ‘Crown Imperial’, as well as finding out how the twentieth century’s coronations - culminating in the crowning of Elizabeth II - cemented the repertory of royal classics in the hearts of the British people. He hears music written by Queen Victoria’s beloved Albert, Prince Consort, played for him in Buckingham Palace on a lavish golden piano which was bought by Victoria and Albert themselves. There are also specially recorded performances from St Paul’s Cathedral Choir and Westminster Abbey and of works by Felix Mendelssohn, Arthur Sullivan, Charles Villiers Stanford, and Ralph Vaughan Williams, as well as Hubert Parry’s classic ‘Jerusalem’.
David uncovers a rarely seen, diamond-encrusted conductor’s baton that was a gift from Queen Victoria to her private organist, Sir Walter Parratt. He also recounts the duets sung by Italian opera composer Gioacchino Rossini with George IV in his decadent pleasure palace, the Brighton Pavilion; and visits the Royal College of Music in London, and St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, both of which played a crucial role in the revival of British music.
NHL F BOMBS: a compilation
[sources] 1, 2, 7, & 10 by glovehand
a restaurant in my hometown got a review that said the servers should “show some skin” so the owner added a potato skin special to the menu and all the proceeds from the special go to the west virginia foundation for rape information services (x)
That’s exactly the appropriate response.
to celebrate hitting 2,000 followers, a goal i’d never imagined i could reach, i’ve decided to host my second giveaway to show how much i love each and every one of you <3what i'm giving away
- your choice of any disney pillow pet, not just those pictured! if it exists as a pillow pet and you want it, you’ll get it
- one of my favourite pins ever, a pin shaped like an old-fashioned magic kingdom ticket book!
- i’ll also follow you and make you a gifset/graphic if you want it but this isn’t as cool as the pillow petrules
- you must either be 18 years old or have your parent’s/guardian’s permission
- you’ve gotta be comfortable with giving me your address
- you HAVE to reblog this to enter, and you can reblog this as many times as you want; however, your name will only be entered once.
- likes only count as bookmarks!
- you have to be following me to win - this is a giveaway for my followers. however, if you’re going to just unfollow me if you don’t win, then don’t
- no giveaway blogs, i’m going to be checking!
i’ll be using a random number generation to pick the winner. if you win and you don’t respond for 24 hours, i’ll pick another winner.
i can ship worldwide!
this giveaway ends september 19th at 11:59pm EST
if you have any questions, feel free to ask! good luck! :)
If you’re looking for the “cheapest/easiest” pet
- don’t get a pet
THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST ACCURATE POST I HAVE EVER SEEN